Thursday, September 5, 2013

NFL Playoff Picks - 2013 Season

For the past couple of years, before the first game of the season, my buddy and I have guessed the teams we each think will make the playoffs and go on to win the Superbowl. Last year, we both had the Ravens winning the big game. I had them playing the Falcons. My buddy had them playing the 49ers. Obviously he won, and I had to buy him dinner. 

Anyways, here are my picks for this year. 

Me: 

AFC:

1. Broncos (bye)
2. Patriots (bye)
3. Bengals
4. Colts
5. Ravens
6. Chiefs

Wildcard Round:

#3 Bengals v. #6 Chiefs = #3 Bengals 

#4 Colts v. #5 Ravens = #4 Colts 

Divisional Round:

#1 Broncos v. #4 Colts = #1 Broncos

#2 Patriots v. #3 Bengals = #2 Patriots

Championship game:

#1 Broncos v. #2 Patriots = #1 Broncos

NFC:

1. Falcons (bye) 
2. Niners (bye)
3. Cowboys
4. Packers
5. Seahawks
6. Redskins

Wildcard Round:

#3 Cowboys v. #6 Redskins = #3 Cowboys

#4 Packers v. #5 Seahawks = #4 Packers

Divisional Round:

#1 Falcons v. #3 Cowboys = #3 Cowboys

#2 Niners v. #4 Packers = #2 Niners

Championship game:

#2 Niners v. #3 Cowboys = #2 Niners

SUPERBOWL:

Niners v. Broncos = Niners

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! The Cowboys?

    I just can't see SF doing it again. The odds of it are just so low. Last year against a vastly inferior opponent, that was their shot.

    Not to mention losing the Giants game the year before.

    I'll go Bengals/Seahawks....but watch out for Carolina and Washington out of the NFC. The NFC is going to be wild. The AFC will be boring as all hell.

    And the Chiefs? Holy moly.

    I don't think the Ravens or the Chiefs make the playoffs. I'll throw Pitt and Cleveland in their place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, yup, that was a last minute edit with the Cowboys. I reserve the right to change these until the game starts tonight.

    But anyways, I do think this is their year finally (things you've heard a million times from Cowboy fans for the last 5 years). But still. I just think their defense will gel in Nov-Dec and Dez Bryant puts Romo into Elite status and between Murray and Randle/Dunbar, they carve together a good running game.

    I thought about Washington but don't see it.

    The Chiefs were one of my easiest wildcard picks - Andy Reid with a playoff QB and that loaded defense, not to mention a all-pro RB and a very talented WR.

    I wouldjn't be surprised if PIT ends up with 6-10 or 10-6. Clevelant will be one to watch but not quite yet into playoffs.

    ReplyDelete